• Advertisement
MedPets - Die Online Tierapotheke
Sie besitzen selbst eine Hundehomepage? Dann nicht lange zögern! Werbeplatz buchen unter werbung@schutzhund-clickertraining.de

introduction

Please introduce yourself before writing
Image

introduction

Postby shade whitesel » Sunday 4. December 2011, 04:05

Hello from Seattle,
My name is Shade Whitesel. I've been involved in Schutzhund for about 10 years now and have been really clicker training for about 5. My current dog is Reiki vom Aegis and is almost completely clicker trained. He is wonderful dog and is doing really well in National competition here in the US. I need a community to problem solve when I encounter road blocks. I have no one around in my immediate area that is clicker training bite work and the only advice anyone gives me is to correct the dog,which is not an option for me and him.
shade whitesel
Neugeborener
Neugeborener
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sunday 6. November 2011, 17:42
Location: Seattle, WA
National Flag:
United States of AmericaUnited States of America

Re: introduction

Postby Blue Luna » Sunday 4. December 2011, 12:20

Hey another user from the US :yahoo:

Welcome to our community and thanks a lot for your introduction.

shade whitesel wrote:I've been involved in Schutzhund for about 10 years now and have been really clicker training for about 5. My current dog is Reiki vom Aegis and is almost completely clicker trained.

Cool :gut:

shade whitesel wrote:He is wonderful dog and is doing really well in National competition here in the US.

Can we see any videos of you and your dog at the internet?
I'm always happy to read about clickertraining teams who are successfull in big competitions. :respekt:

shade whitesel wrote:I need a community to problem solve when I encounter road blocks. I have no one around in my immediate area that is clicker training bite work and the only advice anyone gives me is to correct the dog,which is not an option for me and him.

You can post your dog training problem(s) here, if you want :schreiben: :
viewforum.php?f=52

I will activate you for the whole board in a few seconds. Then you can also start reading in the German spoken area (where you can e.g. watch videos, too).
And the google translator can even help sometimes :irre:
User avatar
Blue Luna
Team-Mitglied
Team-Mitglied
 
Posts: 2260
Images: 79
Joined: Thursday 20. November 2008, 23:02
Location: Kreis Plön in der schönen Holsteinischen Schweiz
National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Re: introduction

Postby Blue Luna » Sunday 4. December 2011, 13:01

I've just found your website and watched the video of your and Reiki's obedience at "2010 USA Schutzhund Nationals".

Great job :gut:
You and your dog are a really perfect team.

Is it ok for you to post the video here?
User avatar
Blue Luna
Team-Mitglied
Team-Mitglied
 
Posts: 2260
Images: 79
Joined: Thursday 20. November 2008, 23:02
Location: Kreis Plön in der schönen Holsteinischen Schweiz
National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Re: introduction

Postby Katrin + Kerou » Sunday 4. December 2011, 16:58

Hello and welcome to the forum.

I like your introduction. Very interesting.

Wish you much fun in the forum ;-)
Katrin + Kerou
 

Re: introduction

Postby Amora » Sunday 4. December 2011, 19:56

Hello Shade,
welcome here
I also looked at the videos and ... it is a wonderfull work
...and a nice website.

and may I underline this statement from Blue Luna:
"I'm always happy to read about clickertraining teams who are successfull in big competitions."

I wish you furthermore a lot of success in the future.
User avatar
Amora
Halbstarker
Halbstarker
 
Posts: 175
Joined: Wednesday 18. March 2009, 00:03
Location: Rheinland-Pfalz

Re: introduction

Postby Katrin + Kerou » Monday 5. December 2011, 01:18

... you can put the videos in the Video Thread. You work looks wonderful.

I would like to see and read more from you ;-)
Katrin + Kerou
 

Re: introduction

Postby shade whitesel » Tuesday 6. December 2011, 17:16

I can put the videos up. My YouTube channel is kshadew and I've got some videos of teaching my young mal to retrieve on there as well.
Thank you for your replies. I am having a little difficulty navigating the site, but I will figure it out. If I had known what direction my career would take, I would have taken German instead of Spanish in high school!
Shade
shade whitesel
Neugeborener
Neugeborener
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sunday 6. November 2011, 17:42
Location: Seattle, WA
National Flag:
United States of AmericaUnited States of America

Re: introduction

Postby Katrin + Kerou » Tuesday 6. December 2011, 17:36

Wow, very good !!!!

:respekt: :respekt: :respekt:

More videos please ;-)
Katrin + Kerou
 

Re: introduction

Postby shade whitesel » Thursday 8. December 2011, 03:24

Oh I am frustrated! Google translater won't translate when I log in!
So I cannot view and see if there is anything that will answer my questions!

For example: correct distance from the helper in the blind. After years of doing this with a reward of a bite from the helper, even the dog with the most correct distance will start to crowd the helper, going towards his reinforcement. I have read about using a ball from the helper for that exact reason, never letting the dog bite in the blind, etc....
And there is probably no good answer.
I have a dog that is very clean and correct in the blind, but he is starting to get closer and closer to the helper, and his chin sometimes hits the sleeve. I do not have a problem yet, but in a year, I anticipate it...?
shade whitesel
Neugeborener
Neugeborener
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sunday 6. November 2011, 17:42
Location: Seattle, WA
National Flag:
United States of AmericaUnited States of America

Re: introduction

Postby Katrin + Kerou » Thursday 8. December 2011, 06:12

shade whitesel wrote:Oh I am frustrated! Google translater won't translate when I log in!
So I cannot view and see if there is anything that will answer my questions!

For example: correct distance from the helper in the blind. After years of doing this with a reward of a bite from the helper, even the dog with the most correct distance will start to crowd the helper, going towards his reinforcement. I have read about using a ball from the helper for that exact reason, never letting the dog bite in the blind, etc....
And there is probably no good answer.
I have a dog that is very clean and correct in the blind, but he is starting to get closer and closer to the helper, and his chin sometimes hits the sleeve. I do not have a problem yet, but in a year, I anticipate it...?



oh, ok. There are answers for your problem.
I will search den Links to the Threads and translate ist later for you.
Katrin + Kerou
 

Next


  • Advertisement

Return to Introduction



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

  • Advertisement
Tanzhunde - Die DogDancing-Internetseite
Sie besitzen selbst eine Hundehomepage? Dann nicht lange zögern! Werbeplatz buchen unter werbung@schutzhund-clickertraining.de
cron